New Rules For IRCTC tatkal ticket booking Know about Complete IRCTC ticket Guideline: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)n Introduce New guideline for tatkal ticket booking, Below We are giving complete details about IRCTC Tatkal ticket booking rules 2018, There was 5 step you may have to know now before booking the ticket in IRCTC, IRCTC Tatkal ticket booking rules 2018 Tatkal tickets are for those who want to travel on an urgent basis. However, now travelers may get confused while booking tickets, as the IRCTC has introduced new rules. Keeping in mind the requirement for the last minute tickets, the Indian Railways has made provision for online booking of Tatkal tickets so that people can travel even to their destination during the peak travel season. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) recently introduced new rules of booking Tatkal tickets or tickets that are booked at the last minute by those who want to travel on an urgent basis.
New Rules For IRCTC tatkal ticket booking Know what in new in IRCTC ticket booking
Latest IRCTC’s Tatkal ticket booking rules :
1. AC Tatkal tickets booking will start from 10 am and non-AC ticket booking to begin at 11 am. You have to book the ticket a day before the traveling date.
2. If a train is more than three hours late, the passenger can claim the complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges.
3. A passenger can claim a full refund if the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel on that route.
4. A passenger can claim a refund on Tatkal tickets if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
5. A passenger can claim a full refund if he/she is accommodated in the lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class and the passenger has paid the difference if he/she agrees to travel in the lower class.
During the holiday season, the importance of tatkal tickets becomes even more prominent, as travelers try every means possible to get confirmed tickets, The information available on IRCTC website informs that maximum of four passengers per PNR can be booked on Tatkal e-tickets. It also informs that passengers should carefully check the train name and station names, Date of the journey, Class, Quota, Boarding Point etc. displayed on the reservation page are same as desired by you. Several media reports suggest that recently there have been changes in the tatkal ticket booking, cancellation and refund rules. The first thing to note is that no new change has been introduced in 2018.